Broadlands Lake Fishery Rules
If you need to clarify any of the below rules please ask a member of staff. Anyone found to be purposely breaking our rules you will be asked to leave the complex immediately.
Please note … Broadlands lakes nets mats & slings will be provided for the main lake ! (free hire but proof of address & photographic id required , or a £30 deposit) , Anyone wanting to use own nets mats & slings will be required to dip upon arrival & again before exit !
Carp & Course Rules:
- All Landing nets, unhooking mats and weigh slings MUST be dipped prior to fishing
- Bait boats are allowed on the Main Lake
- All fish must be returned to the water as quickly as possible following capture
- No sacking or retaining of fish is permitted at any times
- All anglers must have a minimum of 42″ landing net and a large padded unhooking mat or cradle
- No bent hook rigs and no fixed lead rigs are to be used. All leads must pass freely over any knots
- No leadcore or fused leaders are allowed only korda safe zone leaders
- Barbless or micro barbed hooks only
- Minimum of 12lb line on main lake
- No braided mainline unless using a spod or marker
- No Guest tickets allowed without consulting the tackle shop
- No peas, beans or nuts to be used
- No litter whatsoever to be left behind
- Management may refuse access to any person to the site for whatever reason and may require any person to leave the venue at anytime for whatever reason
- Broadlands Lake Fishery accept no responsibility or liability for any loss or damage to any possessions, you undertake activities at this venue at your own risk
- All fishing must be undertaken from pegged swims only
- Pike fishing is only permitted from the 1st October until 31st March
- All landing nets, unhooking mats and weigh slings MUST be dipped prior to fishing
- All pike snap tackle must be taken home or placed in the relevant bin. Snap tackle being discarded on the banks will not be tolerated
- You must have a 42″ landing net and padded unhooking mat or cradle
- You must have forceps or pliers with a minimum of 8″
- Main line – minimum breaking strain of 12lb is required
- Wire Traces – minimum breaking strain of 15lb and a minimum of 12″ long must be used all the time
- Only trout live baits can be used, and purchased from the shop on arrival. No resident fish are to be used as live baits
- All dead baits used must be of sea origin, no course species whatsoever are to be used
- Only single trebles up to a size 6, semi barbed are to be used on live baits
- Only double trebles up to a size 6, semi barbed are to be used on dead baits
- No braided mainlines to be used in any circumstances on the complex
Please note that Broadlands is a family orientated fishery and any person found not using the toilet facilities provided on site will face an automatic life time ban.
NO DOGS ALLOWED
There will be a minimum of £10.00 charge per person that has overstayed there ticket purchase. If vacating the lakes during a gate closure a taxi or other means of a lift will be suggested allowing a return to collect your car during opening hours. If in an extreme case a bailiff is needed there will be a charge of £10.00 per person payable immediately.
updated rules added
All Anglers & Guests of Broadlands Lakes must read
All visitors must Park in the first car park and Report to clubhouse prior access to the grounds, also must pop in to check out upon departure,
Only Anglers will be allowed vehicle access onto the lakes all other vehicles must be left in outer carpark,
No visitors after gates close,
Gate opening times will be on your ticket, anyone staying longer than your valid ticket times will incur charges of excess time overstayed as well as a gate opening release fee of £10 per person,
All non-Angling visitors must be off the lakes or back in clubhouse one hour prior closing, one hour for free then a charge will be required,
All nets mats and slings must be dipped prior going off to any other area on the lakes no dropping off and coming back must be done upon arrival,
Vehicles will be checked randomly upon arrival or departure, also bags and equipment may be checked at any time, by entering yourself and your vehicle onto our land you are authorising us to do this,
All fish or catch and release, fish safety/welfare is an absolute priority! All lakes rules must be read on outer board,
Meal deals and offers can only be used by the purchaser on allocated days, they cannot be carried over to another day/visit or visitor and will only be given at the time of arrival if asked for, no amendments after arrival!
All bookings are non-refundable but can be rescheduled up to 1 week prior to visit , if there is any payment adjustments due to different arrival days or packages this will need to be amended at the time of change by increase only,
Payment must be made in full at time of booking, we do not book particular pegs only a space on the lake,
Meal deal meals are a boxed breakfast or 2 filling baguette, evening meal is anything on the £6.95 menu,
No placing bucket in swims around your swim to block off pegs for other potential anglers, no reserve in pegs for other anglers maybe arriving at a later time to yourself,
No refunds will be given on bookings or visits , please make sure you are happy to stay prior paying ,
Buggy runs and food deliveries are subject to availability and ground conditions this cannot be guaranteed,
All litter must be taken home, swims must be kept clean and tidy rubbish must be bagged at all times,
Toilets must be used ,no using bushes or woodland,
Parking in car parks only, no driving through or barriers even if open, no driving or parking on any grassed areas, this will result in you being asked to leave immediately,
Bailiffs must be notified with any lost or rigs,
Barbecues are permitted but must be a minimum of 2 foot above ground,
No fires allowed, this will result in you being asked to leave immediately,
Children must be supervised at all times, children 10 and Under will be able to fish for free with and a company full paying angler, proof of age may be required ,Maximum of two children per full paying adult, a non-fishing guest will not cover a free child, children 11 and over will be charged at the normal rate,
No children in the clubhouse without a parent/guardian and left collecting food or drink,
Responsible Aged 14 and over May fish at night with parental consent with contact details left in the clubhouse,
No dogs unless the dogs have a membership,
Any swims taped off or out of bounds, which means no fishing in that area,
No entry to surrounding fields , woodland areas and beyond the fence line,
Please Do not ask or assume you will be able to have a tab as we do not offer this service to anyone,
Please respect all anglers on the lakes, we also have a zero tolerance policy in place,
Entry into our home & garden is at the discretion of the owners ,Anyone not adhering these rules will be banned!
Please leave your swim & the the lakes how you wish to find them – thankyou!
CHILDREN 10 & UNDER FISH FOR FREE WITH A FULL PAYING ADULT
(maximum of 2 children per adult)
CHILDREN 11 & OVER ARE CHARGEABLE
(proof of child’s age may be required)
Terms & Conditions
Broadlands fishing lakes excludes liability for loss or damage to vehicles or property caused by circumstances outside our reasonable control or that of our agents or employees.
Except in the case of death or personal injury caused by negligence, our liability under or in connection with this agreement, whether arising in contract, tort, negligence, breach of statutory duty or otherwise, shall not exceed the sum of £2,500,000.
Neither party shall be liable to the other party in contract, tort, negligence, breach of statutory duty or otherwise for any loss, damage, costs or expenses of any nature whatsoever incurred or suffered by the other party of any indirect or consequential nature including without limitation any economic loss, profits, business or goodwill.